Established in 1815, Scottish Widows have been helping people insure for the future for over 200 years. Today, they look after more than 6 million customers across the UK and are committed to helping people plan for their financial futures.
What types of life insurance do Scottish Widows offer?
Scottish Widows offer a large product range, including workplace and individual pensions, annuities, life cover, critical illness cover, income protection, and savings and investment products. Their main life insurance cover options are;
Life cover can pay out a cash sum if you die during the term of the policy. There are a number of cover options available such as decreasing cover or level cover. Life cover with Scottish Widows also gives you access to practical and emotional support with Scottish Widows Care.
Click here to compare life insurance quotes with Money Expert.
Critical illness cover
Help ensure that you and your family are financially protected if the worst happens. You will be paid a cash sum if you’re diagnosed with one of the critical illnesses covered by your policy. You can combine critical illness cover with life cover, and have access to Scottish Widows Care.
Business life cover
Scottish Widows have several business life insurance options;
Key person cover – to protect a business against the loss of one of its key employees through death or serious illness.
Loan protection – to protect a business against the risk of a loan needing repayment in the event of death or serious illness of a loan guarantor.
Shareholder protection – to protect the financial interests of shareholding business owners, partners or directors against death or serious illness of another shareholding business owner, partner or director.
Relevant life cover – individual life cover policies designed to enable employers to offer tax efficient death-in-service benefits to their employees.
Click here for more information or to compare relevant life cover quotes.
Why choose Scottish Widows?
- Over 200 years of experience in looking after peoples’ futures. They are a well-established and trustworthy company
- In 2019, Scottish Widows paid out 99% of life insurance claims and 93% of critical illness claims
- Free accidental death cover and free mortgage cover are included from when your application is received for up to 90 days
- Policy holders have access to Scottish Widows Care, which provides counselling and other practical support services
- Customers can access products and services through independent financial advisors, and through Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and Halifax branches