About British Gas
British Gas is known for being the largest energy provider in the UK with more than 15 million customers and supplying half a million businesses with commercial gas and electricity. They have a number of other services including home insurance.
British Gas are underwritten by AXA Insurance group.
What types of cover does British Gas offer?
British Gas’s home insurance protects your property and belongings if something unexpected happens. They offer the following cover, as well as comprehensive policies that can include multiple cover options:
- Buildings insurance: covers the structure of your home, any external buildings, and fixtures and fittings. You are covered for damage resulting from fire, theft, flooding and other such unfortunate events. The cover includes:
- Up to £1,000,000 buildings cover
- Accidental breakage cover up to £1,000,000 (check policy for details)
- Up to £200,000 for alternative accommodation
- Up to £5,000 to find and repair water leaks
- Up to £1,000 for replacement locks
- Contents insurance: covers possessions you own in the home. Depending on the terms and conditions of your policy, you can be covered for:
- New for old replacements
- Up to £75,000 contents insurance
- Valuables worth up to £10,000 each
- Up to £15,000 for alternative accommodation
- Garden contents up to £1,000
Optional extras that British Gas can add to your policy include:
- Home assistance cover
- Personal Possessions cover
- Legal expenses cover
- Landlord insurance
Why choose British Gas?
- British Gas have over 200 years of experience in taking care of people’s homes
- British Gas HomeCare provides you with a service giving you unlimited engineer call-outs and 24/7 support
- British Gas Rewards also means you have access to great offers and discounts