Tesco car insurance is a part of Tesco Bank which was established in 1997 to help Tesco shoppers manage their money. It was initially a joint venture with The Royal Bank of Scotland, but in 2008 Tesco bought out RBS’s stake so that they would own Tesco Bank outright. It now helps more than 5 million customers with an array of products, from cheap car insurance to helping with savings.
Tesco Bank Car Insurance is arranged and administered by Tesco Bank and is underwritten by a range of insurers such as Tesco Underwriting, AXA UK, Aviva insurance, Sabre Insurance and Zenith Insurance.
What types of cover does Tesco offer?
Tesco offers two types of car insurance policy: Standard Car Insurance and Black Box Insurance. Both insurance policies come with optional extras that are available depending on your specific needs.
- Standard Car Insurance: for drivers aged 21 and over this can be either –
- Third party only – legal minimum insurance cover to cover damage to other parties’ vehicles, property and injuries to them caused by your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft (TPFT) – third party liability cover as well as cover against fire damage to your vehicle or theft.
- Comprehensive – a level of cover which includes TPFT cover as well as cover for damage to your vehicle caused by accidents
- Black Box Insurance: for drivers aged 17 to 35, where a black box is installed in your car to monitor how you drive. This policy is most suitable for young and inexperienced drivers.
Tesco’s comprehensive car insurance includes the following cover:
- Uninsured driver promise – so you won’t lose your no claims bonus if you were hit by an uninsured driver.
- Small courtesy car – to keep you going if your car is in for repair after making a claim.
- Windscreen cover.
- Replacement child car seat up to £300.
- In-car entertainment equipment cover.
Optional extras available to add to your Car Insurance policy at an extra cost include:
- Breakdown cover – provided by RAC.
- Upgraded courtesy car cover – a small car may not be enough if you have a large family.
- Driver injury cover – if you or any named driver are hurt in an incident this can give you peace of mind that you will be able to pay for any rehabilitation or expense needed.
- Key cover
Why choose Tesco?
- Customer Service – Not only do Tesco Bank have UK-based customer service teams, but their car insurance is also Defaqto 5 star rated with a comprehensive level of cover.
- Online – You can manage your Car Insurance policy online 24/7 with Tesco’s easy-to-use website.
- Accessible – Once you have bought a policy you will have access to Tesco’s 24-hour UK-based accident helpline.
- Loyalty – Tesco Clubcard Members receive guaranteed discounts when taking out any insurance policies with Tesco.