AXA is the world’s largest insurance brand, with operations in 57 countries in all corners of the globe, 108 million customers and 160,000 employees.
In the UK, AXA offers healthcare and insurance services, including home, travel, business and cheap car insurance. It’s the eighth-largest provider of car insurance, with more than 13 million customers, a 5.4% market share and £750 million in gross written premiums.
What types of cover does AXA offer?
- Third party, fire and theft policies (TPFT): offers third party liability cover and cover for your own vehicle against fire damage and theft
- Comprehensive policies: covers all eventualities, including damage to your vehicle caused in accidents, even those at which you are at fault. With AXA, comprehensive policies include windscreen repair, replacement keys, wrong fuel cover and an uninsured driver promise.
- Multi-car insurance: allows you to insure a second car at the same address, for a 15% discount
- Breakdown cover: provides roadside assistance with an average wait time of 50 minutes and priority for vulnerable customers; can be purchased both as a standalone policy and as an add-on to an AXA car insurance policy
- Temporary insurance: insures a borrowed or hired vehicle for a defined period of time
- Wrong fuel cover: covers draining and cleaning the fuel tank of your vehicle if you’re placed the wrong fuel in it, up to £250; included with comprehensive policies
- Child car seat cover: with TPFT policies, replaces car seats stolen or damaged by fire or theft; with comprehensive policies, also replaces them following an accident
- Legal cover: covers up to £100,000 for approved solicitors to get back uninsured losses from the person responsible for an accident you were involved in. Legal cover could help you recover your policy excess, transport costs, earnings lost due to the accident and medical expenses and help you get compensation for injuries.
Why choose AXA?
- European cover: available with all policies, for up to 90 days
- Courtesy car: gives you a three-door manual car while yours is being repaired for an AXA-approved repairer or for a maximum of 14 days in event of total loss or theft; available with all policies;
- Uninsured driver promise: preserves your no claims bonus and refunds your excess if your car is damaged by an uninsured driver and you are not at fault; included with comprehensive policies
- 24/7 claims hotline: with all call centres based in the UK
- Overnight accommodation or onward travel: if your vehicle is stolen or damaged
- No claims discount: AXA allows you to accumulate up to 20 years’ no claims discount and protect that discount with a policy extra.