About Hastings Direct
Hastings Direct was established in 1997 as a trading name of Hastings Insurance Services Limited and is part of the Hastings Group. With more than 20 years in the insurance industry Hastings Direct is a fast growing, data and digitally focused general insurance provider.
Hastings Direct offers a range of competitive and straightforward products and services including home insurance. They have 2.8 million live customer policies and around 3,500 staff dedicated to their customers, attaining a number of awards and endorsements over the years. They regularly support charity and educational causes in their local communities of Bexhill-on-Sea and Leicester.
Hastings Direct are an intermediary, acting on behalf of a number of insurance companies. Their home insurance providers include AXA, Integra, Lloyds and Royal & Sun Alliance.
What types of cover does Hastings Direct offer?
Home insurance can help protect your home and belongings against loss or damage. Hastings Direct have a number of options available for home insurance policies:
- Buildings only insurance: covers the structure of your home, any external buildings (for example garages), and fixtures and fittings (bathroom suites or fitted kitchens). Cover includes:
- Cover for damage resulting from fire, theft, water damage and more.
- Up to £1,000,000 of buildings insurance
- Contents insurance: covers possessions you own in the home. Depending on the terms and conditions of your policy, you will be covered for:
- Up to £150,000 contents cover
- High risk items such as jewellery or antiques
- Freezer food if the contents are lost or damaged because of a mechanical fault
- New for Old contents cover – replacing your damaged or lost insured items with brand new ones
- Buildings and contents comprehensive cover: combines the above types in one, easy to manage policy.
- Other optional extras and alternative policies include:
- Home emergency cover: covers you in the event of a domestic emergency such as your electricity failing or your heating system breaking down
- Family legal expenses: covers you for any legal expenses for employment disputes, jury service, tax protection, contract disputes, property protection or bodily injury
- Key cover
Why choose Hastings Direct?
- Affordable – Hastings Direct policies start from just £95 per year, with half of their customers paying less than £155 per year
- Excellent customer service – according to independent online review site ‘Review’, Hastings Direct scored an average of 4.27 out of 5 customer satisfaction
- Experience – Hastings Direct have over 20 years’ experience and have more than 2.8 million current customers, so you know you can trust them when it comes to competitive insurance policies