Instant Car Insurance
In this day and age, having more or less anything instantly available at the click of a button has moved away from the realm of futuristic technology and is now more or less expected.
Thanks to companies like Money Expert, we can now count car insurance as one of the many commodities and services available instantly at your fingertips.
In this guide:
With Money Expert, you can find cheap car insurance in a matter of minutes, just by filling in simple form letting us know what kind of cover you’re after.
By comparing online, we’ve found that customers typically find policies over £200 cheaper than those they’d get if they went straight to providers themselves.
We’ll compare quotes from a panel of dozens of market leaders in car insurance, trawling through the best policies available so that you can find the cover you need at a price that you want.
Money Expert’s website and comparison tool are totally mobile and tablet friendly. This means that you can make savings on your car insurance wherever you are.
You could save yourself money on your insurance and find yourself more than £200 better off while on the train to work – something that’s sure to brighten up a Monday morning!
By comparing car insurance quotes with Money Expert, you can avoid the need to deal with insurance brokers and in doing so save yourself money on commission charged.
You can also skip past insurance agents who, while they will find you good deals, are restricted to finding policies from a single provider for whom they work.
So, if you want a wide range of options and solid, reliable savings without the hassle, comparing with Money Expert is the way to go.
Before you compare quotes and benefit from instantly available car insurance, there are a few things you should know in order to make sure you’re getting the most for your money.
- Choice of Car: You may already have a car you want to insure, but if you’re yet to buy one, you should be aware that the choice you make will have a significant bearing on the price of the policies available to you. Each car is categorised into 50 insurance groups, the lowest numbered groups being the cheapest to insure. Smaller and less powerful cars tend to be in the lower groups, so are therefore cheaper to insure.
- Security: Keeping your car safe and out of reach of thieves means you’re less likely to make a claim. Prove this to your insurer by installing an industry-approved alarm or immobiliser, or park it in a garage overnight, and you could be rewarded with cheaper premiums.
- Mileage: The less you drive, the less likely you are to be involved in an accident and make a claim. Your insurer will normally ask for your estimated mileage before offering you a quote but try to be as honest as you can, as underestimating it can invalidate your policy. Alternatively, you could prove your low mileage with a telematics or black box insurance policy.
- Excess: Before receiving a payout on any car insurance claim, you will have to pay both the compulsory and voluntary excess. While the compulsory excess is fixed, you can choose to increase or decrease the voluntary excess. The higher you set it, the cheaper your premiums will be. But be careful – set it too high and it could become unaffordable to make a claim.
- Pay Annually: You can choose to spread the cost of your car insurance by paying in monthly instalments. However, this is essentially a loan and you will be charged interest over the course of the year. So, although paying annually can cost a lot initially, it will save you money in the long run.
- Modifications: Try to avoid making any changes to your car as doing so can increase your premiums. This can include aesthetic modifications such as spoilers and racing stripes. If you do make any modifications to your car, make sure you tell you insurance provider. If you fail to inform them of any changes, your policy could be invalidated.
- Claims: Each year that goes by without you making a claim, you can receive a discount on your premiums in the form of a no-claims bonus. You should therefore avoid making unnecessary claims on your car insurance. To protect your no-claims bonus and get cheaper car insurance in the future, avoid claiming and pay for repairs yourself if you can.
When you compare car insurance, you should be aware of some of the different types of policy available to you and how they can help to reduce your overall costs:
Short Term Insurance
Also known as temporary car insurance, short term policies can be taken out instantly for as little as an hour, unlike standard car insurance policies which typically last for a year. This is a great option if you only need to drive for a day or two, or you need to borrow a friend’s car in an emergency. Short term car insurance policies are flexible and can usually be taken out for up to a month.
Black Box Insurance
You could opt for a telematics or black box policy, whereby a small tracking device is installed in your car, monitoring aspects of your driving like mileage, speed and regularity of braking. This information is used to build up a profile of you as a driver and, if you can demonstrate that you are driving responsibly, you’ll find your premiums drastically reduced. These policies are particularly popular among younger drivers, frustrated by the sky high premiums they get offered based on unfortunate statistics about the number of accidents caused by 17-25 year olds.
Named Driver Insurance
You might also want to consider named driver insurance, sharing a policy and a car with someone else and potentially reducing the cost of premiums for both of you. There are things to be wary of with named driver insurance though, primarily that it is important that whoever is down as the main driver is actually the main driver.
Multi Car Insurance
If you own more than one vehicle, you could benefit from multi car insurance, which bundles each of your cars’ insurance under one policy. This can often work out cheaper than insuring each car separately. It also results in less forms to fill out, less payments to keep up with, and less hassle!
Comparing car insurance with Money Expert is easy. All you need to do is provide some details about yourself, your car, your driving history and the type of policy you want. You will then be shown a list of quotes from a range of trusted insurance providers. Choose a deal that suits your needs at a price you like, and get cover instantly.