Membership Terms and Conditions of Use
Programme v4 (live 03/09/21)
The following terms when used in these Terms and Conditions, or any document referred to in them, have the following meanings:
“Agreement” means the agreement formed between MEX and You on the basis of these Terms and Conditions;
“Balance” means any positive amounts placed onto Your account by MEX;
“Eligible Switch” means a switch or purchase completed by You on MEX’s Eligible Switching Products that is confirmed by the Product Provider within 30 days of You agreeing to the switch with MEX;
“Eligible Switching Product” refers to a MEX product that, when the object of a successful switch or sale, triggers a positive balance to Your Account in accordance to the terms of this Agreement;
“Member” means a registered user of the Rewards Programme;
“Free Membership” means access and use of the Rewards Programme which does not incur Membership Fees;
“Membership” means access to and use of the Rewards Programme offered to Members by MEX;
“Membership Fees” are fees owed by Members and payable to MEX for the continued use of the Rewards Programme;
“MEX” means ME Expert Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10120411 and registered office at Suite D2, The Quadrant, Mercury Court, Chester West Employment Park, Chester CH1 4QR;
“Monthly Membership” means access and use of the Rewards Programme which may require a monthly payment of Membership Fees;
“Product Provider” means the utility company or home security provider to whom you may switch or purchase a product from via MEX;
“Reward Programme” means the programme administered by MEX in accordance to the terms of this Agreement;
“Switch” means a switch or purchase which is still awaiting agreement or confirmation by the Product Provider;
“Switching Voucher” means a payment to You triggered by a confirmed switch to an Eligible Switching Product You conduct via MEX;
“Website” means any website operated by or on behalf of MoneyExpert Rewards through which You access and use Your Membership; and
“You” means you, the Rewards Programme Member, and “Your” shall be construed accordingly.
Unless the context otherwise clearly indicates, words used in the singular include the plural, the plural includes the singular, and the neuter gender includes the masculine and the feminine.
The clause headings used herein are for convenience only and shall be of no legal force or effect. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions contained in this Agreement and the remaining portions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- About these Terms and Conditions
- What these terms cover. These are the Terms and Conditions on which MEX offers a Rewards Programme in relation to the administration of Your Membership fees Please read them carefully. These terms apply to:
(i) Your signing up through Money Expert (MEX) to take a Membership with MoneyExpert Rewards and the administration of Your Membership Fees;
(ii) The issuing of concessions or monetary rewards to your Account as a result of certain qualifying telephone transactions through MEX;
(iii) Your eligibility for Free Membership as a result of conducting an Eligible Switch
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions. MEX may modify or amend to these Terms and Conditions at any time and will notify You of the updated terms via email or by posting them on the Rewards Platform.
- Who we are. We are ME Expert Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 10120411 and our registered office is at Suite D2, the Quadrant, Mercury Court, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 4QR.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0800 011 1395, writing to us at the address below or by emailing us at [email protected].
ME Expert Limited
Rewards Customer Services
Huxley House, Weyside Park
GU7 1XE, Godalming
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us.
- Membership term and renewals
- How we will accept your Membership. When you become a Member we will email you a confirmation inclusive of these terms and conditions, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- How long will the Membership last. For as long as you comply with these terms and conditions, the Service will automatically renew each year and continue until either you choose to end your Membership or we have reason to end Your Membership. One of the reasons for which we can end Your Membership is if we encounter a problem with the details that we hold for you, for example if we are unable to collect payment when fees are due.
- The information you provide us with. You are responsible for making sure that you provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information about You when completing the registration form. You must maintain and update this information and keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you do not give us the information we need or if any information provided by You is not true, accurate, current and complete, MEX may refuse any and all current or future use of the Membership by You.
- Our right to refuse an application. MEX reserves the right to refuse any application for registration as we see fit, including where You have not signed up through MEX.
- Membership Fees and Switching Vouchers
- Membership fees. You agree that You shall pay MEX a monthly fee for the continued use of the Membership. Your first payment will be taken on or close to the first day of Your Membership and the next payments will be taken monthly for as long as this Agreement lasts unless clause 6.2 applies.
- Eligible Switch. For the avoidance of doubt a Switch (a switch that does not complete within 30 days) is not an Eligible Switch. MEX cannot be held responsible for any delays that may affect the final validation of your Switch by the Product Provider. If this is not completed within 30 days, you will not be considered to be an Eligible Switch.
- Free Membership. You will be eligible for Free Membership on completion of your first Eligible Switch, and upon MEX receiving written confirmation from the Product Provider of the validity of Your transaction. MEX cannot be held responsible for any delays that may affect the final validation of your switch or purchase by the Product Provider. MEX reserves the right to suspend your use of the Rewards Membership unless you are confirmed as an Eligible Switch within 30 days of conducting your Switch.
- Products you may switch to. Eligible Products are gas and electricity dual fuel switches, broadband switches and boiler cover purchases that are conducted over the phone with a MEX call centre representative within six months of You taking out a Membership.
- Eligible Switches are to be conducted over the phone. Switches or sales conducted via our Websites or in any way other than over the phone with a MEX call centre representative are not eligible for Free Membership.
- Free one-night hotel stay
- Eligibility. On completion of a second Eligible Switch with MEX, You may become eligible for a free one-night hotel stay for up to two people at a luxury or 4* hotel.
- Booking restrictions. The offer will only be redeemable against participating hotels. Bookings will only be accepted at least 14 days’ in advance of the overnight stay. No amends can be made once the hotel stay has been booked.
- How to redeem. How to redeem. We will email You as soon as you become eligible to invite you to place a booking and include any instructions so that You can redeem the offer.
- Offer availability. All stays are subject to the hotel’s promotional availability and will be on a room only basis.
- Full T&Cs. Full Terms and Conditions for our free one-night hotel stay can be viewed here
- Ending your Membership
- Reasons why we may end your Membership. Without affecting any other rights that MEX may have against You, MEX may end or suspend Your Membership with immediate effect and without further notice to You, if it reasonably believes that You have breached any of the terms of this Agreement; is unable to verify the accuracy or validity of any information provided by You; it suspects fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity relating to Your Membership; You do not make any payment to MEX when it is due and You still do not make a payment within 14 days of MEX reminding you that it is due; or if you fail to comply with the End User Terms provided to you on registration for Money Expert Rewards.
- Your reasons to end Your Membership. If You don’t agree with any of the terms of this Agreement, or any changes MEX may make to them, or if You become dissatisfied with Your Membership in any way, You may end your contract with us. You can end your Membership at any time by contacting our customer services on 0800 011 1395 or [email protected] or by completing and returning to MEX the Cancellation Form on our Website. Your Membership will end on the day your next Membership Fee is due.
- Final payment. Where applicable, a final Membership Fees monthly instalment will be payable where the Agreement is ended less than 5 business days before the next scheduled payment date.
- Refunds. You are eligible for a full refund of your Membership fees within the first 14 days after taking up your Membership, provided you have not made use of your Membership in this time including registering for any of the offers, obtaining retail discounts through the Website, and any other action taken by You that may provide you with a unique discount code or equivalent redemption code. After the first 14 days have elapsed, you will no longer be eligible for a refund on cancellation of your Membership.
- Events beyond our control. If MEX’s performance of any of its obligations under this Agreement is delayed by an event outside of their reasonable control then MEX will contact You as soon as possible to let You know and will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. MEX and its service providers and/or licensors are not liable to You in any way for any event beyond their reasonable control.
- Your Membership is personal to You. You shall not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any of Your rights and obligations arising from or under this Agreement. MEX may at any time assign, mortgage, charge, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights under this Agreement
- Even if MEX delay in enforcing this contract, MEX can still enforce it later. If MEX do not insist immediately that You do anything You are required to do under these terms, or if MEX delay in taking steps against You in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that You do not have to do those things and it will not prevent MEX taking steps against You at a later date. For example, if You miss a payment and MEX do not chase You, but MEX don’t end Your Membership, MEX can still require You to make the payment at a later date.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between You and MEX. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where You may bring legal proceedings. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, its subject matter or formation.
Terms and conditions applicable to MoneyExpert Rewards v4 – Correct as of 3rd September 2021