Brits who want to save money on their energy bills could take advantage of the new boiler scrappage system being offered by British Gas.
Until June 30th, consumers with any energy firm can apply for the initiative with British Gas and there is no limit to how many people it will help.
The main point of the scheme is that consumers can replace their old boiler and get money off a replacement.
Consumers will receive £400 off a Worcester Bosch boiler, which should be more energy efficient than an old heating system.
As a result, less energy will be wasted meaning energy bills will be reduced.
A Worcester Bosch is a condensing combination boiler, which heats water when it is needed meaning no cold water storage unit is required.
This model has several advantages and disadvantages including:
• It saves space as no cold water storage unit is needed.
• There is no need for a hot water cylinder or water tank.
• It heats hot water as and when it is needed which stops energy being wasted.
• The water is delivered to a mains pressure.
• The water takes longer to flow as it needs to be heated.
• There is no airing cupboard.
• There is no back-up electric hot water heating.
• It is dependant on mains pressure.
There are other ways in which consumers can reduce their energy bills if they are unsure about getting a new boiler.
Consumers could use a price comparison site, such as MoneyExpert.com, to see which online energy tariffs are currently on offer and which one is the best.
Tesco Clubcard users who obtain their energy from E.ON can also reduce their bills by exchanging their Clubcard points for a discount until August 5th.