About Post Office
We all recognise the Post Office. Not only does it handle our parcels and bank transactions at 11,500 locations across the UK, but it also sells no-nonsense broadband and, through Post Office Money, similarly fuss-free insurance products.
The Post Office offers car insurance policies in two categories: those for drivers under 50 and those for drivers over 50. You can also insure your van, motorbike, home and its contents, holidays, and pets through the Post Office and take out life and over 50s policies. And while the Post Office may not be the first name that comes to mind for car insurance, its over 50s car insurance policy received a 5-star rating from Defaqto.
What types of cover does Post Office offer?
Post Office’s Under 50s car insurance comes with:
- European cover: at the same level as when you’re in the UK, for up to 60 days during any policy period (all policies)
- Vandalism cover: pays for the repair of your vehicle if it’s been damaged maliciously, although your excess will apply and your no claims discount could be at risk (comprehensive policies only)
- Eindscreen cover: covers the repair and replacement of a cracked or shattered windscreen, if you phone Post Office’s glass helpline (comprehensive policies only)
- Courtesy car cover: to keep you on the road while your vehicle is being repaired following an insurable event (comprehensive policies only)
- Breakdown cover: included for free for the first year; can also be upgraded to include at-home cover from RAC and cover for onward travel
Post Office’s Over 50s car insurance comes with:
- Emergency transport and accommodation: up to £100 per person or a maximum of £400 for alternative transport or overnight accommodation if you’re involved in an accident or your vehicle breaks down
- Courtesy car cover: to keep you on the road while your vehicle is being repaired following an accident
- European cover, for up to 60 days in a policy period
- Windscreen cover: pays out for replacement and repairs, if you phone the glass helpline.
- Car seat cover: pays out up to £150 per car seat fitted into the vehicle; useful for grandparents.
Why choose Post Office?
- recognisable, reliable brand
- policies tailored for older drivers, with emergency transport and accommodation cover, a vandalism promise, and a three-year guarantee on repairs
- free year of breakdown cover: with under 50s policies