Lloyds is a giant in the banking world but is also becoming a destination for insurance policies. Lloyds Banking Group Insurance supplies home and contents cover to 3.2 million customers and cheap car insurance for 310,000.
The Lloyds Banking Group has 30 million customers in the UK, through its subsidiaries Lloyds (until 2013 known as Lloyds TSB), Bank of Scotland and Halifax, and operates more than 2,000 branch locations. The Group lends to one in four first-time buyers in the UK and funds lending on one in three new-build properties. Given Lloyds' omnipresence, you may already be a customer of theirs—and they’ll reward you for your loyalty when you’re looking for a car insurance policy. Customers signed up to internet banking with Lloyds receive 10% off their first year of cover.
What types of cover does Lloyds offer?
Policies come with the following cover as standard:
- European cover, at the same level as in the UK, for up to 60 days (all policies)
- Courtesy car cover, giving you a vehicle to drive while yours is being repaired (comprehensive policies)
- Vandalism cover, paying out if your vehicle is maliciously damaged (comprehensive policies)
Policies can also be topped up with extra coverage for an additional charge on your premiums:
- No discount claims protection: allows you to make two fault claims within a three-year period and preserve your no claims discount; available to those with NCDs of over four years
- Keycare cover: gives you a fob to attach to your keys and cover for a locksmith, car hire for up to three days and replacement keys if they’re lost or locked in your vehicle or home. There’s no excess to pay and keycare claims won’t affect your no claims discount
- Motor legal protection: cover for up to £100,000 of legal expenses related to an accident and access to a 24/7 legal helpline
- Breakdown cover: from RAC, providing roadside assistance. Enhanced breakdown cover can also cover you at home and in EU countries and cover onward travel, including car hire, public transport and even hotel accommodation so you can still reach your destination
Why choose Lloyds?
- Recognisable, trustworthy brand: get car insurance from the company you trust for your mortgage, credit card and current account
- Discount for banking customers: customers signed up to internet banking with Lloyds get 10% off their first year’s premiums.
- 3-year guarantee on approved claims repairs, so you’ll be compensated if your replaced parts are faulty (comprehensive policies)
- New car replacement: if a vehicle less than 12 months old is stolen, Lloyds will pay for a new replacement, rather than account for depreciation (comprehensive policies)
- Self-service centre: allows you to change your policy details online, any time of day or night
- Replacement car: a no-cost optional extra, giving you access to a replacement vehicle for up to 28 days if yours has been stolen or written (situations in which courtesy car cover doesn’t apply)
Compare car insurance policies from Lloyds and over 10 other providers with Money Expert